Our entry submission process is now online! CLICK HERE to proceed to our online application. (UPLOAD PHOTOS to DROPBOX after Application has been Submitted - Instructions & Link after SUBMIT). See the Awards Entry Guidelines for additional information.
For the complete 2023 Best in Mississippi Housing & Remodeling Awards Entry Guidelines, CLICK HERE.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: NOVEMBER 18, 2023 (final deadline)
In the Spring, the Home Builders Association of Mississippi (HBAM) presents the Best in Mississippi Building & Remodeling Awards to recognize the outstanding work of builders and remodelers throughout the state.
Each entry for the Best in Mississippi Housing & Remodeling awards must be submitted by a dues paying member of the Home Builders Association of Mississippi who is in good standing. This may include the architect or designer of the project, builder, developer, owner of the property, or a member nominating the aforementioned individuals. There is NO cost to submit an entry.
Entries will be accepted for the following categories:
- Single Family New Construction- this category includes both spec and custom homes
- Single Family Remodel/Renovations- remodel/renovations include entire home, partial, and additions
- Single Family Kitchen- this category includes new construction, remodels, renovation, and additions
- Single Family Bath- this category includes new construction, remodels, renovation, and additions
- Multi-Family New Construction- this categories includes all project sizes
- Multi-Family Remodel/Renovation- remodel/renovations include entire property, partial, and additions
- Commercial Development- includes community amenities (i.e. subdivision clubhouse, etc.) and entire subdivisions
- Specialty Build- category includes any special projects that include, but are not limited to, home gyms, “man caves”, theatre rooms, etc.
- Outdoor Space- includes the landscaping, configuration and design for outdoor spaces of single family homes, multi-family homes and commercial developments. This includes, but is not limited to, pools, pool houses, outdoor kitchens, etc.
- Historical Preservation- entries for this category must ensure that the property holds an official historical status
Subcategories for size and cost of the submitted entries will be determined by entry volume following the submission deadline according to guidelines from the Home Builders Association of Mississippi.
Eligible projects entries must be completed between June 1, 2022 and August 31, 2023, with the exception of custom and spec projects over 5,000 square feet. These projects must have been completed between September 1, 2021 and August 31, 2023. For remodeling categories, deadlines refer to the completion of the remodel/renovation/addition.
In addition to awarding a winner for each category, one project is selected for the Best in Mississippi Grand Award. The selected project demonstrates the best overall style, craftsmanship, and creativity.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at (601)969-3446.