DURING ENTRY PERIOD
Our entry submission process is now online! CLICK HERE to proceed to our online application. (UPLOAD PHOTOS to DROPBOX after Application has been Submitted - Instructions & Link after SUBMIT). See the Awards Entry Guidelines for additional information.
For the complete 2018 Best in Mississippi Housing & Remodeling Awards Entry Guidelines, CLICK HERE.
Each November, the Home Builders Association of Mississippi (HBAM) presents the Best in Mississippi Building & Remodeling Awards to recognize the outstanding work of builders and remodelers throughout the state.
ENTRY DEADLINE IS AUGUST 24, 2018!
The annual Best in Mississippi Housing & Remodeling Awards Banquet will be held on Wednesday November 7, 2018 at the Embassy Suite Hotel in Ridgeland, MS. Each winner will receive one (1) complimentary ticket to the banquet.
Entries will be accepted for nine (9) categories:
- Single Family New Construction- this category include both spec and custom homes.
- Single Family Remodel/Renovations- remodel/renovations include entire home, partial, and additions
- Single Family Kitchen- this category includes new construction, remodels, renovation, and additions
- Single Family Bath- this category includes new construction, remodels, renovation, and additions
- Multi-Family New Construction- this categories include both spec and custom homes
- Multi-Family Remodel/Renovation- remodel/renovations include entire home, partial, and additions
- Commercial Development- includes community amenities (i.e. subdivision clubhouse, etc.) and entire subdivisions
- Specialty Build- category includes any special projects that include, but are not limited to, pools, pool houses, “man caves”, theatre rooms, etc.
- Outdoor Space- includes the landscaping, configuration and design for outdoor spaces of single family homes, multi-family homes and commercial developments. This includes, but is not limited to, pools, pool houses, outdoor kitchens, etc.
- Historical Preservation- entries for this category must ensure that the property holds an official historical status
Subcategories for size and cost of the project will be determined by entry volume following the submission deadline according to guidelines from the Home Builders Association of Mississippi. We will utilize this to ensure there is fair competition throughout categories.
In addition to awarding a winner for each category, one project is selected for the Best in Mississippi Grand Award. The selected project demonstrates the best overall style, craftsmanship, and creativity.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at (601)969-3446.