About Mississippi Multifamily Council
As a division of the Home Builders Association of Mississippi, the Mississippi Multifamily Council (MMC) is a professional organization of multifamily owners, developers, property managers, maintenance personnel and vendors who are active in the multifamily industry. MMC's goal is to be the authority on multifamily housing issues in Mississippi. The council sets objectives to raise the level of professional multifamily development, construction, operation and to improve the industry in every way, by:
- Providing services and benefits to members of this organization, which will assist them in performance of their professional duties.
- Providing a forum for the free exchange of information among members.
- Providing a vehicle through which members can deal in unity with governmental bodies on local, state and national levels.
- Assist in promoting affordable housing for all Mississippians.
- Acting as a positive influence to encourage economic growth and prosperity for all segments of the population in the state of Mississippi.
- Providing and promoting a positive public image of the council and its members.
- Providing and promoting education and information to consumers served by the multifamily industry.
The council has monthly meetings for the general membership, as well as regular specialized activities held separately for owners, managers and maintenance personnel.
The leadership at MMC is governed by a Board of Directors and has a sound committee structure including committees on Membership, Programs & Events, Education, and Government Affairs.
A full-time MMC Executive Director performs the daily tasks of the council. Coral Edelen is the current MMC Executive Director, she can be reached at 601-969-3446, or toll free at 800-898-4226, or by email: email@example.com.